If you are a chocolate lover read on to find out if these foods can make your belly fat or flat. Luckily, not all great tasting foods are banned items for losing belly fat, but the trick is knowing which ones and what to look out for.
There may even be a few (nice) surprises in store.
Lets run a little test here:
Which of the following foods do you think make your belly fat or flat?
- Red Wine
- Peanut Butter
If you picked nos. 1, 4 and 5 to be belly fattening foods and nos. 2,3 and 6 to be belly flattening foods then you are correct.
Here is why:
Good for the belly foods:
2) Guacamole – made from avocados with plenty of beta carotene and oleic acid; avocados have anti inflammatory properties and is great fro heart health.
3) Chocolate – now this applies to dark chocolate with 70% or more of cocoa in it only. Dark chocolate is full of flavonoids and monounsaturated fats.
6) Peanut Butter – make sure that the peanut butter is 100% natural and not processed otherwise it will belong to the belly fat camp. Nuts have been found to help reduce belly fat.
Bad for the belly foods:
1) Cheese – cheese is made up of saturated fats and should be avoided (unless it is the low fat kind) if you want to reduce your middle age spread.
4) Margarine – honestly, you are better off sticking with butter than using margarine that is full of trans fat.
5) Red wine – increases your appetite and is full of calories. Enjoy it for its resveratrol properties but in moderation.
A lot of times it is not how much we eat but what we eat. Now you know not to have cheese with red wine for a desert but a nice piece of dark chocolate – see? it is not all bad when you know about these foods that can make your belly fat or flat.